How to become a host family
Expand your family, Expand your World!
Step 1 - Complete Application documents
a. Homestay Application
1. Click on "Host Family Homestay Application" form below
2. Fill out the form
3. Save As ... the form to your computer
- Homestay Coordinator will provide applicant with a link to complete a Criminal Record Check. The Host Family must agree to provide criminal record checks for all individuals over the age of 18 living in the home at least once every three years as requested by the School District and will immediately report to the School District if any individual in the home is charged with a criminal offence.
If requested by Homestay Coordinator, please complete form below and then forward to [email protected].
Criminal Record Check Request
- Email the Homestay Application forms to [email protected] as attachments.
- If computers are not your thing, just call us! 250-770-7700 ext. 6274
Discuss expectations and responsibilities of being a host parent
Go over compensation details * see Host Family Agreement
Complete Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form
Review and sign Host Family Agreement