Host a student » Student Travel Information

Student Travel Information

Occasionally, students will be given the opportunity to travel outside of the Okanagan area during the school year with their homestay or with a school staff member. Whether students are travelling with their host family, a staff member, or a family friend, the following policy is to be followed to ensure the ISP is aware of the student’s whereabouts and to help make sure the trip goes smoothly.



All overnight travel outside of Okanagan-Skaha (Penticton and Summerland) requires a Student Travel Request Form to be completed.   The Homestay parents will help the student submit this form to the ISP Team at [email protected] 

Complete the form below, then save/download the completed form and send to [email protected] 

International Travel (Incl. USA)

International Travel, including to the USA, requires a letter from the Okanagan-Skaha International Student Program for Immigration.  The International Student Program Department must be notified of exact travel details, including proposed travel itinerary, accommodations, and supervisors a minimum of 14 days in advance.  Once all documents are received,  the District Principal will decide if the trip is appropriate, and will prepare the required documents, if approved. 

*Students are advised not to book air travel or accommodations without written approval from the District Principal of the Travel Request. 

Travelling without SD67 Homestay or Staff

travel 2

All travel that involves spending time in an area without the supervision of an SD67 homestay parent or SD67 ISP Staff must receive approval a minimum of 10 days in advance, including proposed itinerary. The District Principal team will then provide a document to be signed by the students natural parents giving permission for the students to travel alone.


For student travel that involves spending time in an area without the supervision of an SD67 Homestay Parent or SD67 ISP staff, the following must occur:

  • A detailed plan must be presented to the ISP Principal a minimum of 10 days in advance.  
  • The plan must outline the exact details for safe transportation and accommodation and the specific name and contact information of the adult (25 years +) who will be actively supervising the student.  
  • The plan must be approved by the ISP Principal.  Do not make travel arrangements before approval is received. 
  • The ISP Principal, Homestay and Natural Parents ALL must approve of the plan.   
  • The release document (described above) must be completed and signed by the natural parents.
  • Students should select dates that minimize the amount of school missed.
Riding in a vehicle with an "N" driver

For International Students to be allowed to ride with Canadian students who have an “N” driver's license, students must receive double approval from both their natural parents and their host parents. This must be done for each individual “N’ driver students may be riding with.